Your smile is a powerful tool of attraction which creates a positive, friendly first impression on those around you and gives a natural air of confidence. So it is no coincidence that one of the most common questions our dentists are asked is how to achieve a brighter, whiter look.
At Penwortham Dental, we offer our patients a range of whitening treatments which are fast-acting, affordable and produce amazing results after just one visit.
Causes of tooth discolouration
Teeth can become dull or discoloured for a number of reasons. These include:
- Poor oral hygiene
- Smoking or chewing tobacco
- Frequent drinking of coffee, tea, and red wine
- Eating foods which create stains, for example blueberries
Our teeth whitening treatments
There are various treatments available to whiten your teeth and we have chosen the most effective systems available including kits you can use at home.
Your Penwortham Dental professional will discuss the available options and help you select one that best suits your needs.
Although this advanced whitening system may take longer than other treatments, the results are beautiful and lasting.
- We will first take impressions of your teeth so the lab can make your personal whitening trays. These will take up to two weeks but in the interim you will be shown how to use a serum to desensitise your teeth prior to treatment being applied
- At your next appointment, we will check the trays to ensure they fit perfectly
- Over the next two weeks you will need to fill the trays with whitening gel before wearing them for a certain length of time per day
- At your final appointment, the dentist will carry out a whitening treatment. You will be advised how to care for your whiter teeth and may be required to visit us on a monthly basis for a period of time.
Daywhite and NiteWhite home kits
These home-whitening kits can create brighter teeth in just one day. In fact, after two weeks, we’re sure you will be happy with the results.
There are a number of advantages to DayWhite and NiteWhite, not least being that they can be used at home. In addition, this is one of the only home treatment systems containing amorphous calcium phosphate (ACP), which is considered more effective than over-the-counter whitening products.
ACP is kinder to your teeth than other whitening products which might contain harsh bleaching agents that can damage enamel and cause teeth to feel rough against the tongue and mouth.
Zoom WhiteSpeed is a teeth whitening system which not only brightens and whitens teeth but contains desensitisers that help protect tooth enamel.
The advanced whitening gel is light-activated and the intensity will be adjusted to suit your comfort levels. The gel has been specially formulated to ensure the bleaching agent is activated by the light to remove any stains and whiten your teeth by up to several shades.
Over two to three appointments your dentist will take the following steps:
- Your teeth will be cleaned and plaque will be removed
- An impression will be taken of your teeth to create a customised tray
- The dentist will place a protective rubber guard over your gums to protect them from the gel’s bleaching agent
- Whitening gel will be applied to your teeth and the tooth tray is coated in a whitening serum. This tray is then placed over your teeth and the special light is applied to activate the bleaching agent.
Following your appointments, you will receive the Zoom Whitening home kit to help you maintain your new smile.
Which treatment should I use?
Your dentist at Penwortham Dental will examine your teeth and assess the level of discolouration or staining before recommending the most suitable whitening treatment.
To book your tooth whitening consultation, please call Penwortham Dental on 01772 742747 or click here to contact us.